The Remote Link widget can be used to connect with other widgets and control them. Remote link helps navigate to specific items inside of interactive widgets. In this article you will learn how to use the Remote Arrows widget on your website and use it to create advanced interactive layouts.
Step 1: #
Choose Any Widget from UE Widget Library
In order to start using the Remote Link widget, you will first have to decide what widget you want to control with Remote Link widget. Remote Link widget can connect to a variety of widgets from Unlimited Elements widget library. Add a widget that supports Remote Control to the page and enable Remote connection, so that the widget will be able to connect with the Remote Link widget.
Note: This screen shows you general settings in any widgets that you choose to connect.
A full list of widgets the Remote Arrows can connect to you can be found in the link below.
Step 2: #
Install Remote Link Widget for Elementor
This widget requires Unlimited Element Free version installed and activated on your WordPress website.
- Go to Unlimited Elements Widget Library
- Search in the search bar for “Remote Link”
- Hover over the widget in the search results and click install
- Add your “Remote Link” widget to any Elementor Page
General Settings #
Connect with the widget you want to control using the Remote Arrows.
- You can stay in Auto Detectable- this connects you automatically.
- You can choose the First- Fourth options: you need to choose the same number in 2 places- in a widget that you choose to use and Remote Link.
- With use this option you can add more than one connection on page.
- Also, you can give the Custom Name for your convenient use.
In most cases, you do not need to change this setting from Auto Detectable.
Type your link text to display as remote link text.
Enter the item number to open in the connected widget. 1 is for the first one item.
Show/Hide the icon.
Choose an icon to display.
Remote Link Styling #
Style the alignment, typography, color, padding, border, shadow etc. Also set the color, background color, and shadow on hover.
Icon Styling #
In this section, you can style the icon size, icon gap, and icon placement.
Usage Examples #
Here are some live usage cases of Remote Link widget.
Remote Widgets used in above example: “Remote Item Navigation”, “Remote Counter” and “Remote Link”.
Remote Widgets used in above example: “Remote Tabs” and “Remote Link”.
You can use all of them together in your Elementor designs